Everyone has his own reality in which, if one is not too cautious, timid, or frightened, one swims. This is the only reality there is.
—Henry Miller, Stand Still Like the Hummingbird (via bookmania)
“I love librarians more than any other people in the world. When I was an immigrant kid, they’ve made me feel like a human being and they gave me books that taught me English.”
- Gary Shteyngart
- Spring: May 1 to June 10
- Early Summer: June 11 to July 15
- Summer: July 16 to September 1
- Early Fall: September 2 to October 15
- Fall: October 16 to November 20
- Early Winter: November 21 to December 25
- Winter: December 26 to February 1
- Late Winter: February 2 to March 15
- False Spring: March 16 to April 30.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac Sampler edited by Robb Sagendorph, 1957.
Ulay and I end our relations with this project.
The concept is to approach each other from the two ends of the Great Wall of China.
He begins in the Gobi Desert and I begin at the Yellow Sea; we meet halfway in between.
We each walked 2000 kilometers to say good-bye.
Duration: 90 days. Last meeting on June 3, 1988.